Artisanal, Semi-industrial and Recreational Fisheries
The following are required steps to obtain license and register an artisanal canoe in Liberia:
- Obtain a copy of the artisanal canoe license application form;
- Application forms can be obtained free of charge from NaFAA office or can be download here Artisanal Application Form
- Application forms are completed by the Local Agent and returned to NaFAA for review and approval.
- Upon approval of the completed application, NaFAA conducts both canoes and fishing gears pre-inspection.
- If fishing gears are in compliance with the laws and or fisheries regulations, applicants are required to pay the required license fees.
Registration and license documents are then issued by the Director General of NaFAA upon certified payment receipt.